Please see the correspondence below and come show your support for building a professional soccer stadium in Tacoma.
See you at the Tacoma Municipal Building
747 Market Street First Floor, Tacoma 5pm Tuesday, Feb.11th
THE SOCCER CLUB OF TACOMA AND GOAL TACOMA NEEDS YOUR HELP!
It is time for the Tacoma City Council to hear from YOU!
Please Join Goal Tacoma and the Soccer Club of Tacoma in showing your support for a unique partnership to build a soccer stadium in Tacoma. The Tacoma City Council will be taking the critical next step in the project, to authorize the execution of a Letter of Intent which outlines the key deal points and next steps on February 11th at 5pm and we need you there. This is the time to make sure we are in person, letting our elected leadership know how important this transformational project is to our community. Our efforts will ensure that Tacoma has a project that includes:
- The most community-centric professional sports stadium in the US, period, hosting Tacoma’s youth soccer needs over 100 days per year coupled with Cheney Stadium’s commitment to youth and high school baseball
- To reinvigorate Central Tacoma with a world-class medical facility, attached to the stadium, in partnership with MultiCare.
- Create a true ‘district’ in Central Tacoma, with mixed-use development flourishing in between the soccer stadium and Cheney Stadium, providing affordable housing, jobs and economic development on land that is currently a parking lot, and provide more affordable entertainment options for the south sound.
- A permanent, best in class, home for the two newest Tacoma professional sports franchises (Reign FC and Tacoma Defiance).
- Providing a new affordable regional attraction for our community’s families.
- Position Tacoma to participate in the Puget Sound region’s bid to host the 2026 FIFA World Cup (men) and 2027 FIFA World Cup (women) with a world-class training venue
Supporters will be meeting at An American Tavern for free food and drink, directly across the street from City Hall – 744 Market St 102B, Tacoma, Washington 98402
Please RSVP to Luke Schindele at Luke@thompsoncg.com, or via telephone at (253)879-1250