- Apprenticeship Minimum Qualifications:
- You must be least 18 years old. Current valid Washington driver’s license with dependable transportation.
- High school diploma or GED; waiver can be granted if special conditions are met.
- Score 80% or higher on a math and reading test administered by the program.
- Physically capable to do the work of the trade.
- Able to speak and write in the English language.
- Apprentice Programs offered:
- Construction Equipment Operator (CEO)
- Heavy Duty Repairperson (HDR)
- Hoisting Engineer (HE)
- Apply online using application at www.oetraining.com
- Recently released from active military service? Check out our Helmets to Hardhats Program
Operating Engineers Regional Training Program
16921 Vantage Highway, Ellensburg, WA 98926
Telephone: (509) 968-3203 – Fax: (509) 968-4422
Hello 612 Brothers and Sisters
I hope your summer is off to a great start. I want to thank all who came over and attended courses at the Training Center throughout the season. The staff at the Training Center feel very fortunate to have such a supportive membership that takes advantage of some of the best training in the country. We are committed to making this facility a comfortable and fun place to enjoy while upgrading and adding skills to your chosen profession.
Please keep in mind when the training season kicks off again in November that we will have new classes starting every two weeks. You can visit the website, www.oetraining.com, to view the training course schedule or call the office to receive a printed copy in the mail. If you find yourself out of work, please don’t hesitate to call the Training Center Office and take advantage of the wide variety of free training courses. We understand that our membership leads busy lives and are committed to being opportunistic when it comes to training. Even if classes are full, we will add you to the wait list in case a seat opens up. We’ve had huge success filling last minute spots due to dispatches and illnesses with the wait list along with regular phone calls checking in every week or two.
It’s a pleasure to serve you. Best wishes to you and your family.